Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Giggle At The Gym

I like to lift weights, but I try to not draw attention to myself by making a lot of noise, like a water buffalo trying to struggle out of a thick patch of jungle.
At the gym yesterday, there was some big goofpotato who was taking a medium-sized medicine ball and slamming it onto the floor.
He did this for like 5 minutes. He loudly grunted as if he were Atlas slamming the Earth to the ground. The booms echoed throughout the room.
I'm recovering from broken hand, so I'm having to use the machines instead of the free weights. I was sitting on one machine, and an older woman was next to me on another. We both just sat there silently watching The Slammer, and then she finally turned to me with a horrified look on her face, saw my look of amusement and said, "Is that really how young men today exercise?"
And then we both busted out laughing at the dude, who couldn't hear us because he was jamming out to Power Station or something on his Ipod.
We were on the second floor. I'll bet the people in the offices directly below were less than amused.
BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home