Friday, January 05, 2007

Batacular Weekend Ahead

Well, I thought they were gone, but they ain't.
I thought there was only one left, but there wasn't.
Last night, another one of those buggers got into the house.
I was on my way to a Buffalo Blonde get-together and got sidetracked by my wife's panicked call that there was one crawling around on the floor in a highly creepy sort of way.
I thought, great, a dadblammed SICK bat now!
My wife had just put the boys to bed upstairs and sat down at the computer to goof off, and she heard some flopping around in the utility room. She went in there to find a bat crawling out from under the dryer.
That's when she called me.
She went looking for a way to contain the bat, but then it decided to fly and started flapping around the house. He got near the stairs, which I guess confused his radar, so he dropped down and started crawling around again in a highly creepy sort of way.
Then my son, Curt, came out and stood atop the staircase with a shocked look on his face, and my wife started screaming at him to go back in his room.
Panicked, she also called my neighbor, who knows just about everything about everything, and he came over with an aquarium net.
Sometime during the proceedings, the bat managed, in a highly creepy and alarming sort of way, to crawl out of view.
The neighbor found him hiding behind a trunk in the dining room, scooped him up and tossed him outside.
It was all over by the time I got home. After a thorough search of the house and a heavy duct-taping of the upstairs fireplace, it took two glasses of whiskey to calm me down enough to go to bed.
I have no idea how the critter got into the house, but he and his friends have overstayed their welcome.
The War on Bats starts this weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my!! Best of luck in your battle to keep the beasties where they belong - outside of your house.

8:57 PM  
Blogger ~Ivy said...

oh man!I really can't imagine.. I'd be a lil freaked out myself.. If not a great deal. I hope you get rid of your bat problem and soon!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home