Monday, December 03, 2007

Timewaster Of The Week-Dec. 3

There are lots of those questionnaires out there where you answer some political philosophy questions, and then it tells you which presidential candidate best represents your views.
I've never been a national politics junkie. I keep up with it mostly because I feel it's my journalistic responsibility to do so.
I also vote all across party lines. I vote for a candidate I think will do the best job - or maybe I'm just picking the lesser of what I consider to be two evils. This has been my guide the past two presidential elections.
Readers, particularly those in the Tinfoil Hat Society, often think my newspaper's coverage is politically biased, which I can assure you it's not. The editorial page is for the political opinions, and whatever those opinions are don't leak into news coverage.
In the newsroom, we mostly talk about how to move stories forward and how to get real people in them. We're interested in printing and posting stories that readers want to know more about.
Anyway, I've wasted enough of your time talking about all that.
Today's timewaster is one of those presidential viewpoint questionnaires:
http://glassbooth.org/
I filled it out and got 77 percent John Edwards. What's kind of funny is that I filled out a similar one last month and got about 80 percent Ron Paul.
Go figure.
Oh well. I've got plenty of time to pick my presidential candidate before November 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger SingingSkies said...

I wonder how significantly one's results are influenced by the framing of the the issues in the second section. There are several that I would have selected a somewhat different response if they had been worded differently.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home