Monday, September 15, 2008

Trash Palace, Part II

About three years ago, I started this blog solely as a means to blow off Hurricane Rita-related steam.
This town looked like a big palace of trash after the storm, hence the name.
Well, it's Trash City once again thanks to Hurricane Ike.
We're recovering quicker, but the pain of dealing with another one of these things remains - and will remain for awhile.
The yard was trashed. The 20-by-10-foot shed was obliterated. The hurricane gods fulfilled their mission of taking out my weather head - again. (The weather head is that thingy that serves as the power-line collection point.) Power might not come back for weeks.
But at least we fared better than my old house, which took a 100-foot pine tree to head during Rita. I checked yesterday, and this time, the huge oak tree in the back fell on the house, making its backside look like a dented tin can.
So we are lucky and unlucky. I'll post some photos later.
Sure, it's a great news story, but I think I'm fine never having to go through this crap again.

1 Comments:

Blogger E.J. said...

Brian, I'm one of Any's friends from her board, and we've all been worried about you, her, and the kids. How are you all doing? Did the house fare reasonably well? We've been keeping up with the Enterprise's site and were all very relieved to find your byline and a picture by Amy in the photo gallery, so we assume you're all basically OK, but do tell Amy we're all thinking of her and the kids! -- Sarah (from the board)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home