Friday, May 11, 2007

Beer Of The Week-May 11-Mother's Day Edition

This week, I give you my all-time favorite beer: Shiner Bock.
The Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, about halfway between San Antonio and Houston on the intersection of US-95 and US 90 ALT south of Interstate 10, has been brewing away since 1909.
In these parts, Shiner Bock can be found anywhere and everywhere, in cans and bottles, in the $6-$7 range.
Despite being a bock, or a heavier beer, it has a sweet, clean taste. It's good on a hot summer day, but the best time to drink it is around October, when that first strong cool snap hits. It has Texas-style Octoberfest written all over it. It goes particularly well with barbecue, brats or boudain.
But it also might be nice for Mother's Day. Depending on the weather - and whether my mom's oven gets fixed today - I'm either going to grill steaks or whip up a batch of my badass chicken enchiladas.
Shiner Bock is good for either.
Happy Mother's Day to all out there, and I leave you with this fine example of dynamite parenting:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/0A1E67E1A48A41D9BA4A6C5A5C4E755A/little-kid-plays-with-a-real-c.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home