Tuesday, October 24, 2006

SOLD!

It actually happened. The old house sold today.
Of course, there were more last-minute realty pyrotechnics.
We signed the closing papers at 1:30 p.m. today. The buyers' appointment was set for 2:15 p.m.
I thought about engaging in a stakeout to make sure they showed up, but I thought better of it.
Sure enough, at 4 p.m., we hadn't heard a word, so I called my realtor, who told me that a snag had occurred.
I'm not sure of the details, but it involved some panicked bank-to-bank money transfers to get the cashier's check needed to make the closing costs.
The realtor said the buyers had left the bank 20 minutes earlier and were en route to the title company.
An hour later, I got the word that the house had sold.
They're getting a great house, too, and I wish them the best and hope they love it as we did.
We brought our two babies home to that house. They spoke their first words and took their first steps in that house. Knee-high crape myrtles now tower 15 feet tall. A million leaves raked; a billion grass blades cut.
Lots of special moments and great times.
But damn, I'm sure glad to be rid of that %$^%$#@!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger SingingSkies said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

It must feel good to have that weight off your shoulders. I'm glad it went through (more or less) on schedule.

9:38 PM  
Blogger ~Ivy said...

Congratulations! Glad it sold!!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home