Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On The Strange End Of The Spamfest

Seeing as I'm somewhere close to the center of the Beaumont Enterprise news universe, I probably get more than 100 e-mails a day at work.
If I go off for a week on vacation, it can take more than an hour to navigate through the e-mail minefield that awaits me on Monday morning.
My e-mail is easy to find. It goes out on more than 50,000 copies of the newspaper daily and is on our newspaper web site for all the world to see.
I get the usual spam, such as the lovely folks over in Nigeria, or wherever, who want to cut me in on some $2 bazillion inheritance . I get the usual male enhancement spam. I get the alarming ALERT ads from bogus banks. I get e-mailed news releases for things so far outside our coverage turf that it might as well be about Pluto.
But the ones that really leave me scratching my head look like this:


¼¤W¥«ªÑ²¼ªº¯SÂI:ªÑ¥»¤p. Äw½X¶°¤¤. °ª°tªÑ.°ª°t®§.¥i¥H±o¨ì«D±`ì§QÂ׫pªº³ø¹S. ¢¯¢¸¢°¢·-¢°¢±¢¶-¢´¢µ¢µÂ²¥ý¥Í Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:08:39 +0200
¿Ô¸ß¼ö½u¡G¡§¢¯¢¸¢°¢·-¢°¢±¢¶-¢´¢µ¢µ¡¨Â²¥ý¥Í
ªA°È¶µ¥Ø:
¥¼¤W¥«ªÑ²¼¤½¥q¸ê®Æ³Æ¯Á
¿³ÂdªÑ²¼¤½¥q¸ê®Æ³Æ¯Á
°t¦X¤½¥q¨p¶Ò¡B¤jÃBªÑÅvÂàÅý¡B¤Þ¶iªk¤H³W¹º
°t¦X¦U¤j³Ð§ë¡B§ë¸ê¤½¥q»{Áʤ½¥qªÑÅv
°t¦X¥¼¤W¥«³Ì§Cµ½á¨î°ÝÃD¬¢¸ß³W¹º¤Î¦U¥¼¤W¥«¿³Âd¬ÛÃöªk¥O¿Ô¸ßµ¥µ¥
¦p¦ó§Q¥Î¥¼¤W¥«¤½¥qªÑ²¼²¾Â൹¤l¤k§KÃØ»Pµ
§Y®É¶R½æ½L³ø,¥þ¬ÙªA°È,²{ª÷¨ì©²¦¬°e§Y¨è½Ð¨Ó¹q¡K¡K
¿Ô¸ß¼ö½u¡G¡§¢¯¢¸¢°¢·-¢°¢±¢¶-¢´¢µ¢µ¡¨Â²¥ý¥Í
ºÃ¦¨¥ß¥xÆW³Ì¤j¥¼_¤W_¥«_ªÑ_²¼³ø»ù¿Ô¸ßªA°Èºô¸ô¥æ©ö¥­¥x
Åwªï§ë¸ê¤H.³Ð§ë¤Î¤jªÑªF¡D¦@Á¸²±Á
Åwªï¨Ó¹q¡G¢¯¢¸¢´¢·-¢´¢µ¢¸-¢¯¢²¢´
ÐÂà±Hµ¹§A­ÌªºªB¤Í,¤]½Ð¹q¸Ü§iª¾§Aªº¿ËªB¦n¤Í,ÁÂÁ¡I)
¥t¼x±M·~±¾¥¼_¤W_¥«ªÑ²¼§ë¸ê¤H

What the heck is that? Why would anyone send that out? What's their game? Do they really think anyone knows what that is?
What's this? ¤
And this? §
And that? Å
It's as if some alien race is trying to make contact .
Who knows?
Perhaps some alien race on Pluto has made some killer male enhancement product they want humans to try.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://historia-del-protestantismo.blogspot.com/2008/05/wsip-wx-ttihodqps_29.html

http://lessonsonliving.blogspot.com/2008/05/wsip-wx-ttihodqps.html

I googled the first line & this is what came up.

I was curious because although I've received similar email, I never bothered to find out what it was about, until now.:-)

Have a nice evening!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Brian Pearson said...

Great, the apocalypse is near, AND I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!!

>: - (

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home